What is your opinion of those who are homeless…and specifically homeless men– addicted, lazy, irresponsible? How does God see them? These men all have issues but need someone to share their frustrations and help them transition from hopelessness to hope. Living Perspectives is standing with the staff of Congregations for the Homeless in reaching over 200 men each year through case management, shelter management and coaching.
Living Perspectives has teamed with Congregations for the Homeless (CFH) to bring personal coaching and faith building initiatives to these homeless men. We are seeing lives changed, new direction and men having a spiritual awakening. Men are served regardless of cultural or spiritual backgrounds.
Living Perspectives President, Paul Tomlinson is on the board of CFH. He also mentors several men, leads bible studies and has started both life coaching and spiritual mentoring initiatives with volunteer men and couples.
The Need and the Call
We need volunteer men and/or couples to “stand in the gap” to join God in what He is doing with these homeless men. Specific volunteers are always in demand:
- Bible Study leaders to lead a group of 5-8 men
- Spiritual mentors to come along side to help with their transition
Who Are These Men?
- Joe, 60, has been alcohol addicted for 10 years but is now sober for 8 months
- Ben, age 37, saw a divorce take everything financially, and then he got laid off
- Grant, age 50, has been in construction but has disabling back problems
- Freddie, 25 has been diagnosed as high-end bi-polar but must take meds
- Jimmie, 20, can’t live at home, minimal job skills, and needs work
We Invite You to Become Involved if You:
- Desire to be part of changing and transforming one man’s life.
- Commit to averaging 2 hours a week with the assigned man.
- Believe God is calling you to this important work.
Call or email Paul at 206.295.1820 or firstname.lastname@example.org